Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Dinner with Mum

Tonight I had an impromptu dinner with my Mum and it was a really lovely evening.

I have the best Mum in the world - and I'm not just saying it because I know she reads this blog (hi Mum!) but really because I just can't imagine a better one. We are very close, we talk at least once a day, have family dinner at least once a week and often do things together. But tonight's impromptu nature was particularly lovely.

Mum has been very busy helping a sick friend, so she asked me to feed the dog on my way home tonight. I ended up being a bit late and Mum got home a bit earlier than expected, so we sat down for a glass of wine and a chat. In the blink of an eye several hours had passed. We talk about life, the universe and everything. I know lots of people who fight with their parents, or can only get together in small doses, so to have a Mum who I can talk about everything with and with whom I really love to spend an evening is an absolute joy.

So thanks Mum, tonight was brilliant.

No comments:

Post a Comment