Wednesday, August 25, 2010

My family

Today, I'm feeling especially appreciative of the wonderful relationship I have with my family.

A friend is having a fight with her Mum. In talking to her, other people began to relate the stories of the terrible fights they have had with their families. Being banned from family events, not talking for days or weeks, shouting and grudges and general unpleasantness.

It made me realise just how inordinately lucky I am. I am proud to say, I have never had a big family fight. Ok, as teenagers there might have been the odd incident of tears and slammed doors, but I have always known, without a shadow of a doubt that I am absolutely loved and if I needed them, they would immediately be there. No matter what tough times have arisen, we have faced them together. We are honest with each other, loyal and love each other.

While I've always known my family isn't the norm, it does saddened me a little to realise that so few people have had the same wonderful experience as I have. And it just makes me all the more thankful for the wonderful people who are my parents and sister.

No comments:

Post a Comment