Friday, August 27, 2010

REAL puff pastry

I know I've written before about the wonder that is The Flute bakery, but today I had another sample of its delights (and you will note, once again, no photo, everything got eaten too quickly).

I ventured out again to retrieve afternoon tea for the office. This time we indulged in milk chocolate and vanilla bean mousse cake on a hazelnut praline base - yes it was as delicious and as attractive as that sounds.

But what I'm really here to rave about it the wonder that is The Flute's puff pastry. Given I had trekked out early in the morning I thought I would treat myself to a pear galette. Can I just say, I don't think I've ever had something that could compete with the light, flakey, buttery yet crispy wonderourness that was that puff pastry. Topped with pear that was sweet and almost creamy in texture, it was a sensation - a $3 sensation! Gosh I'm glad it is a trek to get there, if that was close my waistline would be in serious trouble.

No comments:

Post a Comment