Saturday, October 9, 2010

Hidden Gems

My backyard is just about to burst into full bloom. The roses are covered in buds, the bearded irises have sent up their flower spikes, the granny's bonnets are almost there. In a week, it is going to be a floral extravaganza.

My front yard is different. It is more about foliage, texture and to be honest whatever can survive the scorching temperatures that it reaches in Summer. But hidden in it are some gems. Right now, my bluebells (which are really pink, white and blue bells) and mini cyclamen are flowering. They are tucked away, these flowers aren't about a flashy show, they are hidden gems waiting for the observant eye and I love them all the more for it.

My garden gives me such delight with its many moods. And finding little treasurers like this, just make my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment