Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Scent of a ... tree?

At lunch today I ducked out of the office for a breath of fresh air and some time away from the computer screen. It is easy to head into the office in the morning, then look up and discover the day has slipped away, so whenever possible I like to sneak at least a 10 minute walk around the block into my day.

Today, as I rounded one corner, I was suddenly overwhelmed with a fantastic perfume. It took me a moment to identify the source because the blossoms on this tree aren't nearly as spectacular in appearance as many of the other trees or flowers around, but boy is that perfume something to behold.

The tree is huge, packed with clusters of little white flowers and the air is absolutely heady with the scent of them - it must be wonderful in the owners house which sits nestled under the branches. I wasn't the only one whose attention had been attracted, the tree was literally buzzing with hard working bees.

It is just another one of those moments when I love living in the "garden city".

No comments:

Post a Comment