Wednesday, November 10, 2010

All the yummy stuff in one bowl

On Sunday I had a lovely time at the markets enjoying all the fresh produce on offer. It isn't just the freshness that is so great it is also the variety of produce we have at our fingertips. From Asian vegetables to Italian herbs. We are so lucky to have such easy access to quality produce from across the world.

Tonight I really felt like a bowl of Chinese inspired soup. Popping into my local Woolworths I was able to buy ingredients like lemongrass, coriander, chilli, ginger, mushrooms, fresh rice noodles and construct a delicious bowl of soup.

I've travelled to countries where buying anything outside the national cuisine is difficult and bland, this is one of those days when I reflect on just how many ways we are the lucky country.

No comments:

Post a Comment