Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Cheesecake

"Nothing is more important than cheesecake."

A quote from a colleague today who clearly has his priorities in the right order! Cheesecake might seem a bit frivolous at a time like this and to be honest, I've spent the past 24 hours glued to the news of the floods on TV, radio and the internet, not to mention the personal accounts on the Vogue Forum, but our cheesecake break was as much about sanity as it was about Martin's birthday.

The flood crisis is so great that it is difficult to think or talk of anything else. But my chocolate ripple cheesecake and our terrible rendition of "Happy Birthday" (our office really needs to hire someone with a great singing voice to carry the rest of us) was a lovely break. It was yummy, it was comforting and for a few minutes at least we talked food rather than floods.

I hope you found a few moments distraction today.

1 comment:

  1. I see you enjoyed the cheesecake especially because it made you forget about floods. Kind of the same thing happened to me when I decided to travel to argentina. I was hearing all this bas news about the death of the former president Kirchner and I prefferred to eat "dulce de leche" instead of listening to all people moaning!

    ReplyDelete