Friday, January 21, 2011

A meeting of minds

I was standing in the queue at Woolworths trying surreptitiously check out the awesome 50's hairstyle of the checkout chick when I accidentally caught her eye.  It was a tad awkward, there is nothing like someone realising you've been looking at them.

Of course as luck would have it, I ended up at her counter, so I decided to break the ice by declaring that her hair was really cool.  "Really" she said "because I've been thinking how excellent your dress is".  There it was, we had both been checking out each other's retro styles!

As she scanned my groceries we had an excellent chat about mod-vintage style, where to get a decent petticoat (ebay is your friend) and other clothing / fashion topics.  It was a surprising momentary meeting of the minds and reminded me of a decision I made ages ago to comment if I think someone is looking good.  There is nothing like a compliment to lighten your day.

No comments:

Post a Comment