Monday, February 14, 2011

Super sorbet

One of the things I made with my bumper blackberry harvest was sorbet.  I thought it had turned out rather well and so I took it as dessert for family dinner last week.

This morning I was speaking to my Mum and she told me that last night Dad had been going through the freezer.  When she asked what he was doing, he replied that he was looking for the sorbet but she had to inform him that he had eaten it up.  Dad replied with "well you had better get Lisa to make some more."

This was then reinforced with a phone call from Dad who began by requesting, but changed his mind and decided to demand more sorbet.

It is so nice making something that people really enjoy eating.  I'm a pretty decent cook, so most of the time my food is enjoyed but there is nothing like someone seeking it out because they had loved it.

Lucky for Dad I still have some blackberries left and there are plenty on the brambles around town, so I think he won't have to wait too long for the next batch.

No comments:

Post a Comment