Wednesday, March 30, 2011

And now for something completely different ...

Tonight S and I decided to do something different, we went to a screening by the ANU Anime Society. S was quite into Anime when he was at uni but my exposure has really only been a smattering of the more famous films. Still it did mean I had a bit of an idea of what I was in for and I was not disappointed.

There were random lyrics to pop tunes to start. Doe eyes and massive boobs galore. Storylines that veered in seemingly inexplicable directions. Fight scenes with improbable levels of gore and just moments that made no sense whatsoever. Our favourite of these was when a pretty standard fight morphed into a battle between a cross dressing zombie wielding a chainsaw and a nearly naked attractive witch mostly covered with a cloak. The zombie was the good guy.

Of course it all actually looks fantastic. The artwork behind Anime is really quite impressive if highly stylised.

It certainly was a completly different but fun evening.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the comment on my blog, it has made me smile.

    I love, love, love dancing in the aisles - if you ever see me come and join in.

    Anime is great, especially if it's on the back of a skateboard.

    ReplyDelete