Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Ego Trip

I was so overwhelmed with my friend's happy news yesterday that I forgot my own piece of bragging.  Technically this was yesterday's smile but given I'm still smiling about it, I think it counts.

As I mentioned on Sunday, one of the things I did on my quiet pottering weekend was to make a cake for a colleague's birthday.  Actually his birthday was almost 3 weeks ago, but because I was away and I am the coordinator of birthday celebrations in the office it got missed.  However I was not about to let him miss out on our terrible singing and a cake, so I made a peach and cherry strussel cake.


Mum is the queen of strussel, so I have to say while I though my effort was ok, it didn't quite reach her heights.  However my colleagues thought different.  In fact one went so far as to say it was better than the things we get from the Flute Bakery!!!  How is that for an ego boost?

As it turned out the birthday boy had a family emergency and had to leave early - so we ate the cake without him.  But I'm nothing if not determined, so I'm pretty sure that cake number three will turn up soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment