Sunday, March 20, 2011

Enjoying the day that life presents you

This time last week I was on international flights, racing around Singapore, eating fantastic and different food.  Today I pottered around home, did some grocery shopping, baked a cake and visited an old family friend.

I don't think the two Sundays could be any more different, but I enjoyed today as much as I did the jet-setting one.

As much as I love travel, I am a bit of a home-body and pottering about in my own space at my own pace is just lovely.  It was a grey rainy day, so whipping up some comfort food and enjoying the company of loved ones was the perfect thing to do.

Variety is the spice of life and by being able to find the enjoyment no matter what the day presents, I've found a true and lasting internal peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment