Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Autumn Colours

Today is one of those days when I really wish I had a better camera at my disposal.

Over the long weekend, the tree outside of my office window has matured into the most stunning Autumn shades.  The leaves range from a bright red through the spectrum of orange to an extreme gold.  Red is the first stage, which means that many leaves have luminous gold centers with darker orange/red borders. When the sun came out in the middle of the day and hit the tree it just glowed in its Autumn livery.

The long warm Autumn we have enjoyed is drawing to a close but it has resulted in some of the best leaf colour I can remember.  The trees have held onto their finery and are only now letting them fall into great piles which just invite you to jump in and smush them up.  Winter will be here soon with its own frosty brilliance, but for now warm days and Autumn colours are lighting my days.

No comments:

Post a Comment