Monday, April 11, 2011

Frocktober - the next chapter


I'm super excited right now!

Those who have been reading this blog for awhile will know that last year I took part in Frocktober to raise funds for research into ovarian cancer.  I did it in memory of my wonderful Aunty Sue who died of ovarian cancer last year.

In her memory I want to continue fundraising this year and while I will be wearing dresses for the whole month of October, I thought that I should do something else to really get the funds flowing.  So I decided to involve another passion of mine.  No I'm not eating my weight in Flute Bakery goodness (although that sounds good - anyone want to sponsor me for that?) I'm going to hold a dance event.  I'm planning lots of fun things, including a discount for wearing a dress - gender is no excuse not to don a frock.

So what has me so excited?  I've just been offered a fantastic venue for free.  Not only will the venue help the night be great, it now means every cent from the night will go straight to the charity!

No comments:

Post a Comment