Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Hot Chocolate

Canberra decided to turn on a blast of Winter today to remind us what we are in for over the next few months.  The sky is grey, the wind is blowing and it is properly cold.  The trees are still clad in their autumn glory and when the sun makes a brief appearance it is still quite warm, but in all other respects today is a classic winter day.

There are some things that you can only truly appreciate when it is really cold outside - a roaring wood fire, a snugly wool jumper, a steaming bowl of soup - and hot chocolate.  Hot, frothy, chocolate milk.  It is the perfect antidote to cold weather, so after I made it back into the office from my lunchtime errands in the freezing wind, it was high on my list.

I'm lucky enough to work in an office complete with a fantastic coffee machine which produced the perfect hot chocolate for me with just the press of a button.  And so I sat at my desk, hands cupped around its chocolatey warmth and watched the cold, grey day progress outside.  Perfection!

P.S. After posting this, I managed to squeeze in another hot chocolate - a chai hot chocolate at Koko Black.  It really is the perfect antidote for the cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment