Sunday, April 17, 2011

Thai New Year

Did you know that it is Thai New Year?

I may not be Buddist or Thai but I love Thai food and the local Canberra Thai community celebrate new year with among other things, a food festival. Not surprisingly it is a packed event with numerous fantastic food options on offer.

Under the most glorious blue skies and autumn trees S, some friends and I sampled as many things as we could manage. S finished off with a shaved ice dessert which he loaded with super sweet highly colored topping and condensed milk. The resulting sugar high was worth seeing.

Every time I get to go to something like this I thank my lucky stars that I live in a country where we have such cultural diversity as an everyday part of our city. It is really wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment