Saturday, May 14, 2011

Confidence

I don't know about you but I was not a confident teenager.  I grew fast and it took a long time to be comfortable with my height.  I had massive glasses, braces, no idea how to deal with my waist length hair or how to dress.  I wasn't a shrinking violet, but I wasn't about to make myself standout in a crowd.

Over my 20's I slowly developed more of a sense of style and more importantly a sense of self.  I have come to feel very comfortable and confident in my own skin.

So tonight I'm attending a charity dance event clad only in a corset and tiny, tiny skirt, fishnet stockings and my super cheap long black gloves.  Those who have seen the outfit say it looks great and I have to say I feel super sexy and fantastic in it.  It is the kind of thing that as a teenager I could never have imagined myself wearing, so while others may think it just looks good, to me it represents just how far I've come in feeling comfortable with myself.

1 comment:

  1. Oh I love this post, that's fantastic! I was an extremely shy, PAINFULLY shy teenager and I am amazed how far I have come in terms of confidence in my 20s. x

    ReplyDelete