Monday, May 23, 2011

Traffc

Traffic, if there is one thing that is guarenteed to annoy me it is traffic.  But you live in Canberra, I hear you say, there is no such thing.  And in reality, you are right.  My idea of traffic is loads of cars moving slowly.  I don't think I could cope living somewhere like Sydney with actual traffic that really grinds to a halt.

Anyway, this morning I had to come to work via a rather circuitous route.  And it was raining, which instantly doubles the traffic as people abandon public transport and a walk for a nice dry drive.  As much as I plotted various routes in my head, I knew I was going to start my week with a whole pile of frustrating traffic.

But somehow it didn't happen.  Yes there were loads of cars and even some slow spots, but somehow I just got green light after green light.  There were no accidents, there were considerate drivers.  It was like the driving gods were on my side.

And because I went a different way, I got to see the sight of an avenue of trees where every leaf was gold and the trunks dark almost black from the rain, just as a beam of sun broke through the cloud and lit them up.  It was such an unexpected surprise and to be honest a really great way to start the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment