Thursday, June 16, 2011

Never too old

My gorgeous sister has bought me the best impromptu present - a Carmen Miranda cut out paper doll set.

I'm in my (gorgeous bejeweled) underwear - put some clothes on me!

It comprised of Carmen Miranda in all her cardboard glory and five fab cardboard outfits with tabs to hold them on.

What to wear?

I haven't seen a cut out doll since I was tiny.  You know the type, you get a doll in her underwear and various outfits that you attach by folding tabs over the doll.

Is the hat a little much?

Well Carmen is particularly flash, you actually even insert her through various parts of the cut out to get a better fit.

Working those ruffles

I've had so much fun playing with my doll (who now resides on my office desk along with the shoe calendar and gin/water bottle), I think that it truly proves, you are never too old to play with dolls!

A little more appropriate for the Canberra winter.

1 comment: