Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Oops I did it again - return to the Flute


Today I had to run an errand out to Fyshwick.  As I let the crew know where I was going, an eager head popped around the corner.  "Does that mean you are going to Flute" he asked.

I would be lying if my proximity to the bakery that has stolen my heart hadn't occurred to me, but now there was office expectation.  It was my duty - my duty I tell you - to return with delicious baked goods.

And so I diligently went, found a park, made my way through the crowds and selected this drool-worthy strawberry tart.  Encased in a crisp pastry shell was a layer of berry frangipane, topped with custard and gorgeous strawberries.  Just the scent of those strawberries was enough to make the mouth water.

And yes, it was as delicious as it looks and was devoured by a hungry team in record time.


4 comments:

  1. I agree - definitely your duty :) Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks so yummy - man, I wish my coworkers would bring back such treats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kari, I am nothing but dutiful when it comes to cake.

    Elyse - it really was fantastically delicious. I've never seen a fresh fruit tart there before, I hope they keep doing them because it was fantastic.

    Megan - I am an awesome coworker, if I do say so myself ;)

    ReplyDelete