Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Frocktober - day twenty-five


Well the summer weather has disappeared, it is grey, cool and rainy. I'm not complaining at all, we really need the rain, but I do feel sorry for anyone who wanted to see the Queen today when she was visiting the War Memorial.  She was meant to be able to do a walk by which would have been lovely but it has been pouring so I'm sure they shortened everything.

Anyway, it is perfect weather for this dress which is made of a fabric that is somewhere between velour and corduroy.  Normally I hate any fabric with a pile, I have a bit of a velvet phobia, but I like this one.

2 comments:

  1. I have a velvet phobia too! I thought it was just me. I can't touch it or corduroy, it just feels...ugh to me. Shivers down my spine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No you are not alone! I have a friend and my Aunt who can't stand it either. I always feel like it is going to be like prickles and stick into my fingers.

    It is a pity because I love how it looks.

    ReplyDelete