Monday, October 31, 2011

Frocktober - the final frock!


It was a big decision, what to wear for the final day of Frocktober?  I considered many options, but in the end decided to wear what is probably my most girly, and definitely my most flowery dress, complete with a flower in my hair.

What an amazing month it has been.  The support, financial, emotional and frock-al has been wonderful.  I've loved every moment of wearing dresses, and it has been gorgeous to share them all with you.  At the time of writing, I've raised $3,893.15 and am the second top fundraiser in the country, only beaten by the amazing David Berkelmans who was sponsored to not only wear a dress, heels and earings for the day to work, but also to go out to lunch in his get-up.

Over $90,000 has been raised for the Ovarian Cancer Research Foundation which is completely brilliant.  This is a wonderful activity to participate in, I know Sue would have loved it and I feel really proud that I'm doing something to help this important cause.

There is still time to donate and help me get over $4,000.  If you are so inclined, you can make a tax deductible donation here: http://www.everydayhero.com.au/lisa_robey_0

5 comments:

  1. Your fundraising efforts are outstanding. Seriously amazing - congratulations. I hope you do get >$4000.

    That dress is also superbly chosen :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your election was just perfect! Your heard must be huge as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kari - thank you, I had a lovely day floating about in it. And a big thank you for the generous donation!

    Que Acierto - thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My goodness, well done!!! That's fantastic, Lisa! Loving this dress, too, simply stunning :)
    Heidi xo

    ReplyDelete