Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Frocktober - day twenty-six


As predicted the early summer weather was fleeting and it is quite cool again.  Luckily I still had one long sleeved dress left in the wardrobe.

I love this dress, it makes me feel like Bernie Dexter.  If you don't know who she is, check her out here.  She is a pin up model and retro clothes designer and I just adore her style.  Of course I'm approximately 5 times her size and she has waaaay better hair and makeup than me, but I can aspire can't I?

If this month has proven anything it is that I definitely own enough dresses, however that doesn't stop me wanting more.  And I think a few of Bernie's designs will be on my Christmas wishlist!

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous once again! I am going to miss frocktober when it is over, has been fun checking out everyone's dresses everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. After discovering Modcloth recently (thank you!) dresses may be making it on to my Christmas list too. This one is delightful, and you're doing pretty well at carrying your own style, in my humble opinion :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Teehee, to me this dress/you made me think of Beyonce! In a good way, of course :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aneets - I'm going to miss it too. I've been thinking about what to wear on the first of November and wondering what people will think if it is a dress!

    Kari - thank you. It took me a long time to find a style I like (if you see my teenage photos I do a good ugly duckling impression) but I do feel quite comfortable these days.

    Hannah - I'm totally happy with a Beyonce comparison, you've made my day!

    ReplyDelete