I love answering these, but hate tagging other people, so if you like the quiz, feel free to tag yourself in the comments and then join in, otherwise just read on!
- You must post the rules
- Post 11 fun facts about yourself in the blog post
- Answer the 11 questions the tagger set for you in their post, and then create 11 new questions to ask the people you tagged
- Tag 11 new people and link them on your post (Ok, I'm letting the side down by not doing this bit)
- Let them know you've tagged them.
11 Fun Facts About Me!
- I drink on average 6-8 cups of tea a day. This is probably too much, but I love tea! However I do not drink coffee.
- I can't sleep if the cupboard doors are open. I would like to say it is because I'm tidy, in reality it is so that the cupboard monsters can't get out.
- I have a fear of velvet. I love how it looks but how it feels - ugghhh!
- I am insanely proud of home grown produce. I think there will be an entire blog about my tomato plants soon.
- If given the chance I will eat the entire bag of salt and vinegar chips. No matter how big. I just can't stop once I've opened the packet - which often results in a sore tummy. I think I have a chip addiction.
- My mother can make me laugh anywhere, anytime by doing her impression of the Queen smiling. I swear it is much more hilarious than that sounds.
- I iron pillowcases. And doona covers. And sheets. And tea towels. Yes I am that person.
- I am one half of "that couple". You know the ones who are always sneaking kisses and canoodling in public. I know it erks some people, but honestly I can't help it, S is just the light of my life.
- I once performed in a burlesque show. True it was just end of term show when I had done a burlesque class, but it was burlesque and it was in public.
- The flower in my avatar is from a painting I did.
- I am somewhat addicted to the sky (such an air sign). I love it in all its shades and moods. If I'm trapped inside all day the first thing I do when I go it is look up.
11 Questions I was Asked
- If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go?
Is everywhere a good answer? No seriously, I want to go everywhere. But I would say India or China are very high on my list at the moment, although Europe looks to be more imminent.
- Do you have a goal you aspire to at the moment?
Finding time to do some painting. I suspect that it won't be happening in the next couple of months though.
- What is the food you eat most frequently?
Weet-bix - nearly every morning although I have been flirting with muesli recently.
- What is the best meal you ever ate?
So many!!! But it is probably a tie between my 25th birthday at Tetsuya's in Sydney and an amazing dinner I had in Siem Reap in Cambodia at a restaurant called Nest last year. That was definitely the best steak I've ever eaten and it started me eating pork again.
- Favorite type of chocolate?
Dark - somewhere in the 60% range is usually my favourite.
- Who did you last talk on the phone with?
A random wrong number. I don't know what it is about our office number but we seem to get a disproportionately large number of those.
- What is the last book you read?
"The Imperfectionists" by Tom Rachman. It is a novel disguised as short stories. Quite fantastic.
- Open- or closed-toe shoes in the summer?
Normally open, but owing to a bad knee and a distinct lack of summer like weather, this year my enclosed ballet flats have seen far more wear than my huge collection of peep toe shoes.
- Have you ever won a prize?
Yes, a couple of small things, I'm manic at entering competitions. Although I'm determined that I'm destined to win a car at some point because both my grandmother and mother have won cars. Surely that means I'm destined to someday doesn't it?
- Do you consider yourself to be shy or outgoing?
I'm pretty sure everyone considers me to be outgoing, but I used to be quite painfully shy. Drama classes gave me the skill to "fake it" until the outgoingness became natural.
- Do you live near or far from family?
Very close. I'm currently a whole 4 minutes away from my parents and 10 from my sister.
11 Questions for You
As I said I'm never any good at picking people to respond to these things, so I'm not going to tag anyone. Instead feel free to volunteer yourself in the comments section below. You just post 11 random facts about yourself and then answer the following 11 questions.
- Beatles or the Stones
- Did you have a pet growing up?
- When was the first moment you felt "grown up"?
- Who is your hero?
- Are you a green thumb?
- If you could have any skill in the world, what would it be?
- When did you last watch the sun come up?
- What is your go-to recipe when having people over?
- What is your dream job?
- How do you get to work?
- What is your favourite movie?