Monday, April 2, 2012

Excitement

You know that kind of excitement which makes you do a little jumping dance in the middle of the lounge room?  The anticipation that wakes you up in the middle of the night.  The news that you want to tell EVERYONE, even if you know they aren't interested?  Well I know that feeling because I have it bubbling from every pore in my body right now.

You see on the weekend S and I booked our flights to Europe!!!!  We are heading over for his brother's wedding in Denmark but will also be having a holiday.  We will definitely visit Paris, London and Copenhagen, the rest of the itinerary is a work in progress, but such exciting work.

I've been to Europe once when I was 15.  I visited Paris and a little of England, including London.  However my memories are vague.  S has never been to Europe.  With less than 3 months till we go, there is loads of planning to be done but I couldn't be more happy to fit extra activities into my day.

So if you have any recommendations of things we must see/do, please comment away!

14 comments:

  1. Eeeeek! That is exciting news.
    We popped in on Switzerland and spent most of our time in Italy last year so I can't offer suggestions for the areas you'll be seeing.
    Instead I look forward to perhaps seeing a little of what you see and do while over there. (If you feel inclined to share of course)
    In the meantime I'll try not to go too green :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to go to Italy and Switzerland - next time! I will definitely be blogging when I can (Mum would kill me if I didn't) but over on my travel blog http://havepassport-willtravel.blogspot.com.au/

      Delete
  2. YIPPEE! You lucky lucky thing. I am so very jealous! So excited for you! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks CAT. I get a huge grin on my face everytime I think of it. S thought I was a little mad with all my jumping and clapping after we bought the tickets.

      Delete
    2. Haha! I would have been exactly the same way! One of my favourite places in Europe was Venice. And Budapest. Although every place we visited had its own charm! A lot of people warned me against Venice, and although it is very touristy as they say, I adored it. It was just so quaint! Loved each and every place I went to in my Europe travels though. With the exception of Athens. ARGH! So jealous and excited for you!

      Delete
  3. Italy. I loved it there, particularly Venice. I would go back there in a heartbeat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know that we are going to get that far south Z, I think our travels will keep us in the north but Italy is on my must see trip. I'm thinking it could be a whole trip in its own right.

      Delete
  4. Depending on what you like I have several different blog entries about London and fun places to explore.
    http://www.kaitlynschatch.com/search/label/London

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kaitlyn! I will read with interest. Luckily one of my best friends lives in London so I'm sure she will also be helping us, but all ideas are welcome.

      Delete
  5. Aw Denmark, I'd love to go there one day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must say it wasn't on my must see list, but I'm pretty excited about going there. I'm hanging out to see the Little Mermaid in Copenhagen harbour.

      Delete
  6. Oh wow! I'm so excited for you :) I've not been to most of the 'big ticket' places in Europe - not to Italy, Greece, any of France out of Paris - but we loved the central / Eastern parts we saw in 2009. Prague was gorgeous and Austria incredibly beautiful. Hungary was cheap! But I think all of Europe is worthy of visiting so I'm sure wherever you go you'll enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kari. I'm thinking Vienna and Prague will be on the list, so many options, so little time!!!!

      Delete
  7. We share this excitement, don't we?!! Gosh it'll be a wonderful trip for you :) I'm so excited to see copenhagen - never been to scandinavia!
    Heidi xo

    ReplyDelete