Tuesday, April 24, 2012

A Flute Bakery Post


It has been a while between posts about The Flute Bakery.  Don't think this is because I've gone off them, they are still 100% my bakery of choice, particularly for special events, it is just that we have been through somewhat of a birthday drought.

But luckily one of my colleagues was good enough to be born several years ago and so we could celebrate with a cherry, vanilla, chocolate cake.  A light chocolate sponge, topped with vanilla mousse, a layer of morello cherries and covered in rich chocolate mousse made for an amazing interpretation of the old Black Forrest Cake.  Needless to say, it disappeared quickly.

And with only one macaroon on offer competition was fierce.  The birthday boy and the macaroon addict agreed to share it.

6 comments:

  1. and with that I'm off to buy macaroons at lunch time, thanks ... I think :)

    Oh, and the cake looks and sounds delicious too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know I'm still not quite convinced by macaroons CheezyK, however I do intend to try them in Paris. If French macaroons can't convince me I will know I just really am a cupcake girl.

      Delete
  2. That cake really is amazingly decorated. It almost looks too good to cut!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Luckily my colleagues were more keen on eating than admiring Kari! It was cut in no time flat. Unfortunately it looks pretty messy when cut (mousse doesn't cut neatly) so hence no interior shots.

      Delete
  3. Oh, that looks so yummy! The one macaron made me laugh. I remember all my cousins fighting over the chocolate "Happy Birthday" plaques as a child! Haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everyone teased our macaroon lover about it for quite some time till the birthday boy offered it to him. By then we had shamed him though, so he cut it in two.

      Delete