Saturday, August 4, 2012

Charm School

Today I went to charm school and emerged extremely charming, if I do say so myself.

The Lindy Charm School for Girls, run by the fabulous Miss Chrissy and her team, is all about vintage glamour.  Today's workshop was an introduction to vintage hair and makeup techniques and it was brilliant.  A room full of bare-faced, lank haired women at the start of the morning finished as a team of pinups by the end.  We learnt the importance of appropriate undergarments, how to put on a vintage face, pin curls and victory rolls  and each of us left at the end of the session looking absolutely glamorous.

But don't take my word for it, here is how the day went down ...

What better way to start a charming day than with an elegant cup of tea.  While at the cafe we spotted another patron with a giant makeup bag - it was a popular pre-workshop venue!

Getting my kit in order ...

My gorgeous friend Megs as waist cinching demo.  Note Miss Chrissy's subtle knee in the back cinching style.

Megs demonstrating a cinched waist!  That waist cincher is almost 100 years old and still reducing waists with maximum discomfort but serious efficiency.

Note the concentration!  I love the new eyeliner technique they taught me.

Megs gets pin curled.

There is nothing quite like a whole room of women, hands in the air, concentration solid on the mirror in front.

Working on those pin curls - I got a good handle on them by the end.

Victory roll work - those babys are hard to do!

The charming duo at the end of the day.
I really have to thank the totally gorgeous Megs for taking me along to Charm School.  It was such a fun morning and I will be using the techniques I learned at every possible opportunity.

8 comments:

  1. What a fascinating day!

    You both look so glam in that final photo.

    SSG xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a fantastic day SSG. Now I have to practice the hair - and get a wooden peg, the dolly kind because it is a vital hairstyling tool, who knew?
      And thanks, we felt amazingly glam.

      Delete
  2. Charming indeed Lisa! What a great day, and what a great concept.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a fantastic concept. The tour around the country doing them, so anyone interested should check their website.

      Delete
  3. Haha! What an awesome idea. Looks like heaps of fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was such fun! They do an "advanced" hair workshop. I want to do that one now.

      Delete
  4. Jealous doesn't even begin to describe what I'm feeling right now. Your victory rolls look fab. I wouldn't even know where to start with them on my dodgy 'do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They teach you so well that it is quite, well not easy but achievable. Miss Chrisy and team do travel to Perth, you should check them out.

      Delete