Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Freesias


S brought an unwelcome visitor with him on the long weekend - a nasty head cold.  I fought it as hard as I could but I've succumbed and am spending the day at home on the couch (though still wearing a dress, I'm nothing if not committed to Frocktober).

When S was home sick late last week he slept and played video games.  I am not good at being home sick.  I've already responded to some work email, done a load of washing, given the kitchen a wipe over and watered the pot plants.  I have also stood in our courtyard, mug of tea in hand soaking up a little of the gorgeous spring sunshine and in doing so I noticed that the first of my freesias have started flowering.  Their delicious spicy scent managed to make its way though my blocked nose and they are now sitting on the coffee table bringing me joy.

The rest of the day will be spent getting stuck into Game of Thrones (I'm reading the book after seeing the series) and drinking plenty of fluids all while being watched over by my gorgeous flowers.  It is amazing how such a small thing as two stems of deliciously scented flowers can make me feel so much better.

6 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear you're sick!

    Well done on remaining frocked though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore freesias. Feel better, lovely!! I am yet to get into game of thrones - should I start with the book or series?
    Heidi xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm, tricky question. There are a million characters so I like the fact that having seen the series, I have an idea of who is who and a picture of them in my head when reading. The series is very true to the book, but the book does have little details that help explain how people react to things that isn't as clear without them. Pretty much I don't think it matters which order, they are both excellent.

      Delete
  3. I'm so sorry you're sick :( I will say, though, that if you have to be home sick, doing it with Game of Thrones isn't a bad way to spend the time. I suspect you'd be more comfortable in a track suit though - dedication to frocks indeed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did rather wish for trackies at some points I must admit! Game of Thrones has been an excellent distraction though.

      Delete