Monday, November 5, 2012

Roses


Almost at the top of my list of things to do/have when I'm rich is to always have fresh flowers in the house.  Mum adores fresh flowers and she passed that love on to me, so whenever I can I have flowers in the house.



Being on a budget, this means other than those very lovely days when someone buys me flowers, flowers in the house come from the garden.  It can be hard when the garden is bare in the middle of winter to walk past the fresh flowers in the supermarket, but in a glorious spring like this one, those shopping centre displays have nothing on the bounty I have access to.


My roses have been hinting at the blooms to come for weeks, but now the buds have burst forth and I have so many roses I was able to fill two vases and create this gorgeous display on our dining room table.  The soft scent of rose drifts through the house and they fill my heart with joy every time I see them.



If the day comes when I can afford to buy flowers whenever I feel like it, I think those I've grown myself will still be my favourites.

What is on your "rich list".  A house cleaner and dinner out once a week is also on mine.

6 comments:

  1. A house cleaner would definitely be nice :) Also haircuts more than 2 - 3 times per year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know someone who goes and gets her hair professionally washed and blow dried once a week. How awesome would that be? I just love the head massage they give.

      Delete
  2. A cleaner is definitely on my list, along with a gardener.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess if I was super rich I could afford a nice big garden, so yes lets add the gardener to the list too!

      Delete
  3. Yes! I too love flowers. I did some consultations with friends recently & they insisted on paying so instead of taking money I asked them for a bunch of flowers, as I rarely treat myself to them :) But to pick my own would be lovely. I'd love to pay someone to do my taxes (even just organising everything to send them to someone) & all that boring stuff!!
    Heidi xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously, find yourself a good accountant. Most are not that expensive and they know all the extra deductions that someone with their own business can claim. Plus their services are a tax deduction. That is one where being rich doesn't make much of a difference.

      Delete