Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas everyone.  I hope you are having a truly marvelous day filled with everything that brings you joy.

I thought I would share with you my favourite Christmas song.  It sums up exactly how I feel about Christmas.  I love it, but it isn't about religion for me, it is about love and family.  Being away from my family today makes it just that bit more poignant. Plus it is one of the few Christmas songs that evoke what it is like being in Australia at Christmas - there is no snow or chestnut roasting here, it is all about the sun.  The only thing I would add is the sound of cicadas and the smell of sunscreen.

So without further ado, have a very merry Christmas and please enjoy Tim Minchin's "White Wine in the Sun" ...

2 comments:

  1. I do love that song :) I love most of his music actually, but that is definitely a classic.

    Happy Christmas Lisa!

    ReplyDelete