Saturday, March 2, 2013

Perfect Timing


This year is whipping by at an extraordinary rate of knots.  It has been so eventful and busy that in some ways it feels like it has been going forever but the fact that we are two months into 2013 and summer has ended seems to have snuck up on me.

Autumn is arguably the most beautiful season in Canberra.  The many varied deciduous trees that line the streets of this city turn the most glorious colours - be prepared for my numerous shots because I love them.  And while the change of seasons may have snuck up on me, it seems mother nature was well aware of the passing of time.  All of a sudden I can see the leaves around the city are starting to turn and the first of March arrived with a cold gust of wind that had us all reaching for jumpers and jackets.

All of which was perfect timing because look at this divine pashmina a dear friend of mine brought me back from her recent trip to Vietnam. Usually it would be too warm at this time of year to wear this gorgeous scarf but this little taste of the season to come has me swathed in its gorgeous cobalt and pink.  What more can I say except that sometimes timing just doesn't get any better.


2 comments:

  1. Beautiful pashmina!

    I'm looking forward to autumn too.

    SSG xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love autumn. I am so intensely, exquisitely excited that summer is officially over and autumn weather is just around the corner!

    I also love this scarf - really beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete