Sunday, May 12, 2013

Pinterest - the new obsession

I like to play with different types of technology.  Obviously I blog.  I occasionally tweet.  I have Facebook to keep in the loop with friends.  And recently I discovered Pinterest.  Oh how I discovered Pinterest, to be honest, I've gone slightly crazy with the pinning.

There are so many pretty, clever, sparkly things there but the thing that has really grabbed me is the amazing array of recipes.  I have a rule that I don't buy a recipe book unless it has a picture of every dish, Pinterest is like that on steriods.  I have pinned a crazy number of recipes and this weekend even managed to make a couple.

This hummus-crusted chicken is AMAZING.  Seriously roasted hummus is a fantastic flavour.  Next time I make it (and there will be a next time) I will probably season the chicken a bit more and put a bit more hummus on the vegies but those are the only changes I would make.

It was actually quite the chickpea focused weekend, because the other dish I tried was a chickpea and tomato salad.  Incredibly simple, so quick to make and truly tasty, this too is set to become a regular dish in our house.

Now just to make the next few dozen recipes I've pin!

Do you use Pinterest?  Whose boards should I be following?  You can find me at: http://pinterest.com/blithemoments/

No comments:

Post a Comment