Sunday, May 10, 2015

Random Musings: Autumn in Canberra


Today is grey, cold and windy. A shot of winter as autumn draws to a close in Canberra. But overall it has been a gorgeous autumn, with plenty of clear blue skies, warm days and cool nights.


I love the fact that we have 4 seasons in Canberra and I really can't pick any as my favourite because they are all glorious in their own way. However I do believe that Canberra looks its best mid-Autumn when all our trees are putting on a stunning display of colour.


My Instagram feed has been packed with beautiful photos of Canberra, the autumn trees and particularly glorious sunsets we have had of late. We have enjoyed walks on warm afternoons under multi-coloured trees. Moving around the city has been a journey through a landscape filled with colour.


But the weather is changing. Today is a sign that the season is wrapping up. The leaves are dropping, bare branches form beautiful silhouettes against the sky, it is time to transition to winter. And as I say goodbye to the divine colour of autumn, I'm already looking forward to open fires, slow cooked meals and an excuse to wear my extensive scarf collection, because if autumn is the season of colour, I think winter is the season of comfort. Bring it on!


No comments:

Post a Comment